Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today, Mr. Potato Head is learning about sake!

So today, my resort that I work at had an event about 雪中酒, which is basically where you take wine, bury it in the snow in February, then took months later it is totally fermented!


First, we went to a factory and say people make the rice meal for the sake, then we returned back to the resort. Then, we put a bunch of crates in rows, covered them with snow, then did a blessing to make the wine delicious in spring.


Afterwards was the best part: taste testing! We tried two kinds of sake, made last year with the snow method. It was VERY delicious. Honestly, I don't like straight alcohol...I need mixtures/flavour. However, Japanese sake is a more-delicious vodka, minus the burning sensation.


Then, my friend Alice and I went to the other event at our resort:  snow bar! The other workers made an outdoor bar in the snow, with candles and everything! It was gorgeous. Also, we got to star gaze, since it was a clear NIGHT... I have to say, the prettiest night sky has to be from Nagano prefecture. Tokyo can suck it!


Tomorrow we move back to the cabin. うれしーい! [Im so happy!]


Until tomorrow,


Mr. PH and his photographer


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment