Thursday, February 9, 2012

Today, Mr. Potato Head is stuck in the snow

As a native Hooiser, I thought it was bad enough when we had a foot of snow. That is NOTHING compared to Iiyama.


The past two days it rained, so that got rid of a lot of snow. For next two days, though it is supposed to KEEP SNOWING.


For reference, we shoveled snow from the 玄関 [entrance] three times today, in a course of five hours, because it kept getting too hard for the guests to enter. Also, on the way to clean a cabin, I fell into a pile of snow which came up to my hips... I'm 5'5.5" aka that's about 2.5 feet of snow in less than a day.


However, I got to eat Au Gratin style food today for the first time, not just potatoes. SUPER YUMMY!!! I'm do thankful for the cooking here. It's nice to have a home cooked meal after a hard morning's work.


Off to make dinner and pack. Tomorrow we move to the "special room"for the next two nights which my friends who did this practicum last year stayed the whole time.


Until Tomorrow,


Mr. PH and his photographer


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment