Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Today, Mr. Potato Head is trying to enjoy the little things in life.

So this past Sunday was actually probably one of my best days in Tokyo, along with visiting the giant Buddha.

Ever since I was a child, I have loved Pokemon. I collected the cards and played the games. Even now, I still play the games and stuff. So naturally, one of the first places I wanted to go to was the Pokemon Center. Sadly, because I am like, 14 years older than the audience for Pokemon, most of the Pokemon they had were from the new generation. However, I was able to get some cute phone charms, and a picture with Pikachu!

Afterwards, we went to a really pretty park. I am not sure of the name, but it was pretty big. It had a large pond /lake, and lots of land around it. One surprising thing about Tokyo is the amount of parks and trees. It is very nice to take a break from all the busy street life and concrete and actually enjoy nature...
  




 and feed the occasional turtle.

Soon my group is going to Nagano, which is a bit more out of the country. I am just ready to get away from my "host family" for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment