Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Today, Mr. Potato Head is fed up.

I actually wanted to do this blog post yesterday, but because my internet sucks at my host family's house (one of the things we are fed up with), it was just a pain. So now I'm forced to do it at school. My apologies in advanced.


So honestly, I am enjoying a lot of things about Japan, such as:

  • Conbinis
  • Making friends
  • Classes
  • The walking (which is great for health)

However, there are PLENTY of things which I am just annoyed with, number one being my "host" family. Let me be clear: they are civil people. They are NOT mean, NOT hurtful, and not-outright rude or anything. I'm sure they are just a typical family. HOWEVER, I feel like I am jack shit to them.

My family has hosted about 9 families before me. Honestly, if you had told me that before, I would have had no clue. They make me food.

That's it.

They have done some nice things, such as they bought me house slippers. My mother also took me to the city ward office in the tsunami, which was very nice of here. However, I feel like I could just disappear tomorrow, and the only thing they would care about is if I remembered to close the curtains before it got dark.

I feel like most of my sadness / depression in Japan relates to the fact that I am not having any kind of connection to my host family. At home, I didn't do much with my family, but even small things like eating together (which I don't seem to get to do with my host family) or watching TV was nice.

Instead, I'm just in my room... all day... watching trashy reality TV from America on my laptop.. when I have wireless.

So I have no idea if my laptop hates me, or just my wireless does. I'm pretty sure it is the wireless. Otherwise, I have no idea. Then, I'm forced to watch re-runs of Secret Life via YT.

I'm honestly depressed... and the only thing that would help cure it right now is probably frozen cookie dough. But the chance of charlie seen hitting me with a solid gold tuna on a vespa is more likely to happen than me finding premade frozen cookie dough in Japan.

I would totally kill for some of this right now.
I'm hoping to go to the Pokemon Center this weekend, so I'm hoping to get some great heads of Mr. PH while there. I'm sorry my photos have been lacking lately. Hopefully things brighten up soon.

1 comment: