Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today, Mr. Potato Head is super excited to have his keitai!


I am once again part of the technology world of cell phones! As stupid as this sounds, things seem 1000x better now that I have a cell phone. I've realized just how important they are to my life.
So today started with ordering our cell phones and doing the paperwork... in Japanese. ALL in Japanese. Keep in mind, cell phone contracts are hard enough in English... not being sure exactly WHAT I was doing and signing was pretty scary.. I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite me. Thankfully, we had the Waseda students to help us out.

Afterwards, we went out to "Curry and Naan" for lunch.. I'm pretty sure I've eaten more Indian food in my two weeks here than I have in my entire life.. it's so delicious, though.

Then we had our opening ceremony... it was a lot different than most ceremonies I've been to. There was a lot of introductions, and also a WIDE variety of Japanese natives speaking with an interesting accent when speaking english. German-accent on a Japanese guy? Chou weird.

THEN I GOT MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much.. I even went and bought a cute white, plush case for it already. I also got apps and everything. Seriously, it feels SO NICE to have a phone again. One of the coolest features of the phone is the sending between phones via infra red.. aka you put your phones back to back, and you can send all kinds of info.. saves a LOT of time when exchanging contacts. Also, probably the best part of my phone?

It's in English.

The worst part?

The manual is all in Japanese.

1 comment:

  1. So, I was wondering after Mrs Potato Head's rules lesson yesterday why Mr Potato Head has his shoes on in the house? Better sick Mrs Potato Head on him!
    Seriously though, glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete