Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today, Mr. Potato Head is sick =(






So I am officially sick. I thought it sucked being sick in America, but it seems even 10x worse in a foreign country, especially since apparently Vicks Day/Nyquil is not allolwed in Japan. I went for a walk today around my new "hometown" and went to a grocery store and picked up some OJ, some dango and some green tea.. the only thing is that Japanese green tea is different from the Lipton packets back in America. I would kill right now for some Nyquil and some honey lemon tea... I miss going to SAGA just to chug down on tea.

Today I really didn't do too much. My mom saved me breakfast, which was REALLY nice of her. I mostly just hung around the house otherwise. I'm slowly starting to notice little things my family does and tiny details so I don't mess up. For example, when not in the use, you have to put the bathroom door on a hinge so it stays open. Also, food trash goes in a seperate red bin. This whole "trash cans once in a blue moon" thing is getting old pretty fast. Sure, there's a million places to recycle. However, if you have trash, you're SOL until you find a street vendor who may have a trash can or a bathroom.

When I did go walk around, I found out that in my town I have a post office, a coin laundry, a Soft Bank (it's a phone company, like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc), a 7/11, a cafe (reminded me of like.. Starbucks / Panera) and a Kusuri-ya (drug store, more or else). However, everything is in Japanese (duh). The only good thing is that on the box, they put stars / dots in the areas which are "in pain." However, a friend recommended CC Lemon, so I plan to get some at the Suupaa or conbini tomorrow.

If things get much worse, I'm going to the school clinic tomorrow. I'm just hoping I didn't get some kind of parasite or something already X_X

1 comment:

  1. It is very unlikely Mr Potato Head picked up a parasite in Japan.

    ReplyDelete